Full Charge Bookkeeper/Accounting Clerk (Full Time)
Apply Here: Current Open Positions
One of Houston areas most progressive Next Generation Certified Public Accounting Firms that specializes in outsourced CFO, financial accounting, back office support system, advisory, and tax services is expanding and looking to add a Full Charge Bookkeeper to its exemplary team.
Job Information: Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks
Job Location: Baytown, TX 77520
Education and Experience
- Years of Experience: 5+
- Education: High School/G.E.D
Starting Salary: $ 35000-42000/Year
- Operate computers programmed with accounting software to record, store, and analyze information.
- Check figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes.
- Classify, record, and summarize numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records, using journals and ledgers or computers.
- Debit, credit, and total accounts on computer spreadsheets and databases, using specialized accounting software.
- Operate 10-key calculators, typewriters, and copy machines to perform calculations and produce documents.
- Receive, record, and bank cash, checks, and vouchers.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Compile statistical, financial, accounting or auditing reports and tables pertaining to such matters as cash receipts, expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, and profits and losses.
- Code documents according to company procedures.
- Reconcile or note and report discrepancies found in records.
- Access computerized financial information to answer general questions as well as those related to specific accounts.
- Match order forms with invoices, and record the necessary information.
- Perform general office duties such as filing, answering telephones, and handling routine correspondence.
Requires sitting, Requires using hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools or controls,Requires repetitive movement, Requires contact with others (face-to-face, by telephone, or otherwise), Requires face-to-face discussions with individuals or teams, Requires writing letters and memos, Requires telephone conversations, Requires use of electronic mail,Includes conflict situations, Requires making decisions that affect other people, the financial resources, and/or the image and reputation of the organization, Opportunity to make decisions without supervision, Requires making decisions that impact the results of co-workers, clients or the company, Requires repeating the same physical activities or mental activities over and over, Freedom to determine tasks, priorities, and goals, Requires being exact or highly accurate, Requires meeting strict deadlines, Requires work with others in a group or team, Requires work with external customers or the public, Requires working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions
- Evaluating Information to Determine Compliance with Standards
- Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work
- Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships
- Documenting/Recording Information
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates
- Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge
- Identifying Objects, Actions, and Events
- Performing Administrative Activities
- Processing Information
- Monitor Processes, Materials, or Surroundings
- Analyzing Data or Information
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems
- Getting Information
- Interacting With Computers
- use spreadsheet software
- enter timesheet information
- maintain inventory of office forms
- sort books, publications, or other items
- compute taxes
- prepare bank deposits
- prepare financial reports
- reconcile or balance financial records
- prepare reports
- use accounting or bookkeeping software
- prepare billing statements
- complete patient bills
- process invoices
- compute financial data
- use computers to enter, access or retrieve data
- perform clerical duties including typing, accepting orders, or sorting mail
- detect discrepancies on records or reports
- examine documents for completeness, accuracy, or conformance to standards
- maintain balance sheets
- compile data for financial reports
- process account invoices
- maintain records, reports, or files
- fill out business or government forms
- use word processing or desktop publishing software
- take messages
- fill out purchase requisitions
- process payroll documents, records, or checks
- prepare tax reports
- Active Learning
- Active Listening
- Critical Thinking
- Learning Strategies
- Reading Comprehension
- Service Orientation
- Social Perceptiveness
Complex Problem Solving Skills:
- Complex Problem Solving
- Judgment and Decision Making
Resource Management Skills:
- Management of Financial Resources
- Time Management
Desktop Computer Skills:
- Word Processing
- Computers and Electronics
- Customer and Personal Service
- Economics and Accounting
- English Language
- Calculators or accessories
- 10-key calculator
- Ledger sheets
- Notebook computers
Receipts or receipt books
- Receipt books
- Accounting software
- Accounts payable software
- accounting software
Specific Tools & Technology:
- QuickBooks Mandatory
To Apply Online: http://www.alphaomegaws.com/current-job-opening.html
To Apply in Person:
911 S. 8th Street
La Porte, TX 77571
Google Map Directions: